Sunday 12 September, 10.30am - 12.30pm
The Ellerslie Fairy Festival and Pirate Party is back for 2021!
Held on Sunday 12th September from 10.30am - 12.30pm on the closed of main street in Ellerslie, this is a fun free community event that will delight, surprise and entertain young families.
With even more magical experiences this year make sure you set aside the morning to join us.
PLEASE NOTE THIS EVENT WILL GO AHEAD RAIN OR SHINE!
- Welcoming Parade - See all our fairies, pirates, princesses and super heros parade the main street in an enchanting welcoming parade at 10.30am
- Pirate Cove, Fairy Grottos, Princess Chambers, Super Hero Training, Unicorn Photos
- The popular General Collective Kids Market from 10am in the Arthur Street carpark,
- Bubble blowers, dancing, music, pirate sword fights, circus entertainment, roaming entertainers and more, there's something for everyone!
- NEW ADDITION of the Family Fun Zone! - with paid rides, as well as face painting for a gold coin donation.
The following roads are closed from 8.30am – 1pm on Sunday 12th September 2021
- Main Highway between Arthur Street and Robert Street
- Robert Street from Main Highway to the Robert St carpark
- Ladies Mile from Main Highway to the Robert St carpark
- From Findlay Street to Main Highway from 8.30am to 1pm
- From Ladies Mile to Main Highway from 8.30am to 1pm
Car Park Closure
The Arthur Street car park will be closed from 6.30am until 2pm
Robert Street car park will be closed from 8.30am until 1pm
Parking restrictions will be in place in the road closure area from 8:30am till 1pm and in the Arthur Street car park from 6.30am till 2pm. Tow away to the Auckland City depot
Where is it?
The event is held in Ellerslie Village on the closed of section of Main Highway, between Arthur Street and Robert Street.
Where can I park?
Parking is always difficult, and due to the extended road closure area this time it’s a good idea to park on the Kalmia side of Ellerslie and walk through the tunnel on Sultan Street or via the overbridge at the top of Ellerslie Main Street. This will bring you straight out into our event.
There is always the train! Free for kids under 15 on the weekend using a registered hop card!
Where are the toilets?
Toilets are both in the hall (including baby change table) or at the end of Arthur Street.
What is the new Family Fun Zone, and does it cost?
We have added a Family Fun Zone to our event this year, this is an area with paid rides as well as face painting for a gold coin donation.
When and where are the General Collective Kids Markets?
From 10am – 1pm in the Arthur Street carpark
Are there disability parks available?
Yes, we have 4 on Findlay Street (behind the Ellerslie Mall), and 2 in the Robert Street carpark.