Sunday 8 September, 10.30am - 12.30pm
The Ellerslie Fairy Festival and Pirate Party is a free, fun community event held every year to celebrate the start of MAGICAL SEPTEMBER in Ellerslie
The Festival held on Ellerslie's closed off Main street brings the enchanted kingdom of fairies and pirates to life with more than 30 fairies and pirates, shows, stories, face painting, songs and more. This runs from 10.30am - 12.30pm on Sunday 8th September for 2019.
Due to the popularity of the Fairy Festival & Pirate Party we have extended the road closure area this year so there is more space and much more going on than ever before.
- Welcoming Parade - See all our faries, pirates and princesses parade the main street in an enchanting welcoming parade at 10.30am
- Pirate Cove, Fairy Grottos and Princess Chambers
- Dancing Flower Fairy Stage Show. The shows commence at 10.50am, 11.30am, 12.10pm. Tickets are will be available to pre-purchase on Eventbrite closer to the time
- The popular General Collective Kids Market from 10am in the Arthur Street carpark,
- Face painting, bubble blowers, story time, pirate sword fights, unicorn lane and more
The following roads are closed from 9.30am – 1pm on Sunday 8th September 2019
- Main Highway between Arthur Street and Robert Street
- Robert Street from Main Highway to the Robert St car park
- From Findlay Street to Main Highway from 9.30am to 1pm
- From Ladies Mile to Main Highway from 9.30 am to 1pm
Car Park Closure
The Arthur Street car park will be closed from 6.30am until 2pm
Parking restrictions will be in place in the road closure area from 9:30am till 1pm and in the Arthur Street car park from 6.30am till 2pm. Tow away to the Auckland City depot
How do I get tickets for the Dancing Fairy Flower Stage Show
Tickets will available on Eventbrite from 20th August, until sold out. Tickets are not needed for those aged under 2. No late entry.
Where can I park?
Parking is always difficult, and due to the extended road closure area this time it’s a good idea to park on the Kalmia side of Ellerslie and walk through the tunnel on Sultan Street or via the overbridge at the top of Ellerslie Main Street. This will bring you straight out into our event.
Where are the toilets?
Toilets are both in the hall (including baby change table) or at the end of Arthur Street.
When and where are the General Collective Kids Markets?
From 10am – 1pm in the Arthur Street carpark
Are there disability parks available?
Yes, we have 4 on Findlay Street (behind the Ellerslie Mall), and 2 in the Robert Street carpark.